|born on||13 March 1902 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Chateauneuf-Galaure, France, 45n14, 4e57|
|Timezone||LST m2e2015 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°11' 09°30 Asc. 13°20'|
French mystic and stigmatic. She was born into a peasant farming family, sixth of six children. Serious illness marked her adult life, and from her twenties she was confined to bed, crippled, and gradually paralyzed. She ate only wafers and neither drank nor slept, but lived for seven decades and carried on a busy apostolate.
From the age of 28 she was completely paralyzed and bedridden. Although she still could move the thumb and forefinger of one hand, she became motionless apart from her head which she could move slightly. Since the previous year, at the age of 25, she could not eat anything at all. And from the age of 26 she couldn't even take a sip of water. When doctors tried to force some water down her throat, it merely came down her nostrils. For the next 53 years Marthe's only food was the holy Eucharist. Once a week she was given the sacred host. On more than one occasion priests saw the host apparently leap from their hands and fly directly to her mouth. Even a bishop testified that he saw it apparently dissolve once it passed her lips. Once she had received the host she went immediately into ecstasy and began her weekly re-living of Christ's Passion and crucifixion. Every Friday the wounds appeared in the palms of her hands and the stigmata, the scourging and crowning with thorns appeared on her body, and she appeared to be dead.
She was directed to found two schools in her native village, one for girls and one for boys. All this she directed down to the smallest detail from her bed in her darkened little room. Later on she was told to found a community which would welcome retreatants and which would be a home of "light, charity and love." It became known as the Foyer de Charité and there are now some 70 houses and communities throughout the world.
Robin died in Châteauneuf de Galaure on 2/06/1981 at 5:30 PM, France.
(Another account states that she first had the stigmata on 11/11/1918.)
- associate relationship with Finet, Georges (born 6 September 1898)
- child->parent relationship with Robin, Amélie (born 31 January 1865)
- child->parent relationship with Robin, Joseph (born 29 March 1860)
- sibling relationship with Robin, Alice (born 30 March 1894)
- sibling relationship with Robin, Célina (born 10 November 1889)
- sibling relationship with Robin, Clémence (born 22 March 1898)
- sibling relationship with Robin, Henri (born 16 January 1896)
- sibling relationship with Robin, Marie (born 18 January 1892)
- (has as) devotee relationship with Grothendieck, Alexander (born 28 March 1928). Notes: strong spiritual connection with her
- Health : Change in Appearance 11 November 1918 (Suddenly paralyzed, began stigmata)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death, Cause unspecified 6 February 1981 at 5:30 PM in Chateauneuf-Galaure, France (Age 78)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Petitallot quotes B.C., Cadran No.23, 10/1995 (5:00 PM Paris time).
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Ate only wafers)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Paralysis (Total except two digits and head)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Sleep disorders (Never slept)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Sixth of six)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sister Celina died at age five)
- Lifestyle : Work : Skills - singular/specialist (Over 53 years as stigmatic)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience (Weekly)
- Vocation : Religion : Saint/ Stigmatist
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founded two schools and retreat)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Famed stigmatist)