|born on||24 January 1918 at 11:30 (= 11:30 AM )|
|Place||Ada, Oklahoma, 34n46, 96w41|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°57' 06°28 Asc. 28°54'|
American minister of the Pentecostal Holiness Church from his Call in 1935, becoming one of the best known evangelists in the world. Building up a following of the faithful, by 1972 his annual cash flow was some $17 million. His books include "God's Formula for Success and Prosperity."
In 1976, on his 58th birthday, he broke ground for a new medical school at the Oral Roberts University. Apparently in cahoots with God in his ambitions, on 1/06/1987 he made a bid that was widely publicized by the media, for donation of $4.5 million, "or else God would take his life." He either reached his fiscal goal or God reneged, as he survived the year. Finding a formula that worked, he informed his parishioners that the Lord told him he needed to raise $8 million a year for the rest of his life.
Married with four kids, two of his kids died tragically, one in a plane crash and one a drug-related suicide. He himself was one of 22 kids.
Roberts died from complications of pneumonia on December 15, 2009 in Newport Beach, CA. He was 91.
- associate relationship with Copeland, Kenneth (born 6 December 1936)
- business associate/partner relationship with Shakarian, Demos (born 21 July 1913)
- parent->child relationship with Roberts, Richard (born 12 November 1948)
- has other family relationship with Roberts, Jordan (born 23 April 1985). Notes: Grandfather/granddaughter
- has other family relationship with Roberts, Press (born 20 April 1926). Notes: Cousin
- has other family relationship with Roberts, Richard Oral (born 27 December 1983). Notes: Grandfather/grandson
Hammitt quotes Roberts' publication "Abundant Life." PC quotes his autobiography "The Call" for the same. Erica Smith of Tulsa quotes his late mom for the same.
(Carla Norton gives 11:00 AM "from him in a newscast." Bess Turner quotes his mom for 11:00 AM in MH 7/84, rectified by her to 11:22 AM.)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (One of 22 kids)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (One long term)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Two sons died; accident and drug related suicide)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Commercial evangelism)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Pentecostal)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book