|Birthname||Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg|
|born on||20 July 1938 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Doncaster, England, 53n32, 1w07|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||26°40' 20°53 Asc. 16°50'|
British stage and screen actress, an attractive star who established her reputation in Shakespeare but gained international fame and popularity as karate-skilled secret agent Emma Peel in the TV action series The Avengers (1965–1968). Rigg's other noted roles include Countess Teresa di Vicenzo, (the only ever) wife of James Bond, in spy film On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) and the sharp-witted grandmother better known as "The Queen of Thorns" Olenna Tyrell in American fantasy drama TV series Game of Thrones (2013-2017).
Rigg won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress for the BBC miniseries Mother Love (1989), and an Emmy Award for her role as Mrs. Danvers in an adaptation of Rebecca (1997). In 1994 she won a Tony Award for Medea. She was made a CBE in 1988 and a Dame in 1994 for services to drama.
She starred briefly in her own American TV show Diana (1973-1974), and played Sutton in You, Me and the Apocalypse (2015), and opposite her daughter, Rachel Stirling, in Detectorists (2015). Her films range from Evil Under the Sun (1982) to Breathe (2017).
Rigg's career in the theatre was wide-ranging, including roles in the Royal Shakespeare Company between 1959 and 1967. Her professional debut was as Natasha Abashwilli in the RADA production of The Caucasian Chalk Circle at the York Festival in 1957. On 1 April 1997, she finished a six-month stint on the London stage in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? calling it the most draining role she'd played.
In the 1960s, Rigg lived for eight years with actor/director Philip Saville, causing some degree of scandal in the tabloids when she disclaimed interest in marrying the older, already-married Saville, saying she had no desire "to be respectable". She was married to Menachem Gueffen, an Israeli painter, from 1973 until their divorce in 1976, and to Archibald Stirling, a theatrical producer and former officer in the Scots Guards, from 25 March 1982 until their divorce in 1990. With Stirling, Rigg had daughter Rachael who was born in 1977.
Diana Rigg died at her home in London on 10 September 2020 at the age of 82 from cancer with which she had been diagnosed in March.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Game of Thrones (born 17 April 2011). Notes: Played Olenna Tyrell, 2013-2017
- associate relationship with Entertainment: The Avengers (born 7 January 1961). Notes: Played Emma Peel, 1965-1968
- associate relationship with McCallum, David (born 19 September 1933). Notes: Co-stars in 1989 TV series "Mother Love"
- associate relationship with Richardson, Ian (born 7 April 1934). Notes: Co-stars, 2002 tour of "The Hollow Crown"
- business associate/partner relationship with Macnee, Patrick (born 6 February 1922). Notes: Co-stars in "The Avengers," 1965-1968
- other associate with Jackson, Glenda (born 9 May 1936). Notes: RADA classmates
- role played of/by Henriette Marie, Queen of France (born 25 November 1609 (greg.)). Notes: 2003 TV miniseries "Charles II: The Power and the Passion"
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1969 (Film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service")
- Work : New Career 1973 (Her own TV show)
- Relationship : Marriage 1973 (Menachem Gueffen)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1976 (Menachem Gueffen)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1990 (Archibald Stirling)
- Work : Prize 1995 (Tony Award)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1997 (Birth of daughter, Rachael Stirling)
Frank Clifford quotes her letter 1/1995, "parents recollection," British Entertainers 1997.
(Formerly, Davies quoted her for 4:00 AM in "Signs of the Stars.")
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Hair (Dark)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Heavy smoker)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Eight years with Philip Saville)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter, Rachel)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Rachel Stirling, actress)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (First eight years of childhood in India)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Cancer)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage ("Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?," etc)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Avengers;" "Game of Thrones")
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Narrator)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (1997)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (CBE, DBE)
- Notable : Awards : Tony (1994)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (BAFTA, etc)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women