|Birthname||Ian William Richardson|
|born on||7 April 1934 at 22:35 (= 10:35 PM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°25' 29°20 Asc. 23°28'|
Scottish actor of film, stage and television, best known for his portrayal of the Machiavellian Tory politician Francis Urquhart in the BBC's House of Cards trilogy (1990, 1993, 1995). Richardson was also a leading Shakespearean stage actor. He was married to actress Maroussia Frank and had two sons.
He was The Herald in Peter Brook's production of Marat/Sade in London in 1964; in the New York City transfer he took the lead role of Jean-Paul Marat (and so became the first actor to appear nude on the Broadway stage), a performance he repeated for the 1967 film Marat/Sade.
Ian Richardson was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 1989 New Year Honours.
He died in his sleep of a heart attack on the morning of 9 February 2007, aged 72. Dame Helen Mirren dedicated her 2006 Best Actress BAFTA award for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in the film The Queen to Richardson. In her acceptance speech she said that without his support early in her career, she might not have been so successful, before breaking down and leaving the stage.
- associate relationship with Jacobi, Derek (born 22 October 1938). Notes: Co-stars, 2002 tour of "The Hollow Crown"
- associate relationship with Landau, Martin (born 20 June 1928). Notes: Co-stars in 1997 film "B*A*P*S"
- associate relationship with Redgrave, Vanessa (born 30 January 1937). Notes: Co-stars
- associate relationship with Rigg, Diana (born 20 July 1938). Notes: Co-stars, 2002 tour of "The Hollow Crown"
- associate relationship with Thompson, Emma (born 15 April 1959). Notes: Co-stars, 1990 TV movie, "The Winslow Boy"
- (has as) student relationship with Barre, Gabriel (born 26 August 1957)
- (has as) protégé relationship with Mirren, Helen (born 26 July 1945)
- role played of/by Blunt, Anthony (born 26 September 1907). Notes: 1986 BBC film "Blunt: the Fourth Man"
- role played of/by Marat, Jean-Paul (born 24 May 1743). Notes: Broadway and film "Marat/Sade"
- role played of/by Montgomery, Bernard (born 17 November 1887). Notes: 1979 TV miniseries "Ike;" 1979 BBC play "Churchill and the Generals"
- role played of/by Nehru, Jawaharlal (born 14 November 1889). Notes: 1986 TV series "Lord Mountbatten: The Last Viceroy"
- role played of/by Richard II, King of England (born 6 January 1367 Jul.Cal. (14 Jan 1367 greg.)). Notes: 1974 TV play "Richard II"
- role played of/by Robespierre, Maximilien (born 6 May 1758). Notes: 1978 BBC play "Danton's Death"
- Relationship : Marriage 1967 (Maroussia Frank)
- Work : Prize 1989 (CBE)
- Work : Prize 1991 (BAFTA TV Award for Best Actor, "House of Cards")
Ed Steinbrecher collection: Paul Wright quotes birth certificate; fcc quotes gerard for same
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Maroussia Frank, 1961-2007)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Miles is a noted actor)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Scotland/ UK to USA)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Army)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (CBE)
- Notable : Awards : Tony (Nominated)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (BAFTA, Drama Desk)