|Birthname||Christopher Travis Rice|
|born on||11 March 1978 at 05:54 (= 05:54 AM )|
|Place||Berkeley, California, 37n52, 122w16|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°38' 21°39 Asc. 06°00'|
American author who made his fiction debut in 2000 with the bestselling A Density of Souls, going on to write many more novels including The Snow Garden (2001), The Heavens Rise (2013), The Vines (2014), as well as the Burning Girl series (2018-2020). His work spans multiple genres, including suspense, crime, supernatural thriller, and erotic romance. With his famous mother Anne Rice, he is the co-author of the historical-horror novels Ramses the Damned: The Passion of Cleopatra (2017) and its sequel, Ramses the Damned: The Reign of Osiris (2022).
Christopher Rice comes from a family of authors. His parents are renowned horror novelist Anne Rice (1941-2021) and the poet Stan Rice (1942-2002); his aunt, Alice Borchardt (1939-2007), was a noted writer of fantasy and historical fiction. Rice had an older sister named Michele, who he never met as she died of leukemia in 1972 when she was six years old. Rice was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and spent the first ten years of his childhood in the Castro District.
The family moved to New Orleans when he was 10 and the culture shock and pain he felt at the move became the fuel for his first novel, a New York Times best-seller, A Density of Souls (2000). In 2001 his second novel, The Snow Garden, was published. Rice attended Brown University and the Dramatic Writing Program at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts but did not complete either program.
Rice is gay, and his works consist of descriptions of contemporary American life for the gay male. As of 2020, Rice lived in West Hollywood, California.
- child->parent relationship with Rice, Anne (born 4 October 1941). Notes: Also co-writers
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Debut novel: "A Density of Souls")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2001 (Second novel, "The Snow Garden")
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate in hand.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Son of author Anne Rice and poet-artist Stan Rice)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Executive, film and TV)
- Vocation : Writers : Erotic (Fiction)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction