|Birthname||Howard Allen Frances O'Brien|
|born on||4 October 1941|
|Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, 29n57, 90w05|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°07' or|
American author of gothic fiction, Christian literature, and erotic literature, famed for her series of novels The Vampire Chronicles, including Interview with a Vampire (1976). Rice's books have sold over 150 million copies, making her one of the most popular and best-selling authors of all-time. Books from The Vampire Chronicles were the subject of two film adaptations—Interview with the Vampire (1994) and Queen of the Damned (2002).
She was raised in an observant Catholic family but became an agnostic as a young adult. She earned her B.A. in Political Science in 1964, and worked at many jobs from waitress to insurance claims officer. In 1972 she graduated with an M.A. in Creative Writing.
In the mid-2000s, following a publicized return to Catholicism, Rice published the novels Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt and Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana, fictionalized accounts of certain incidents in the life of Jesus. Several years later she distanced herself from organized Christianity, citing disagreement with the Church's stances on social issues but pledging that faith in God remained "central to [her] life." However, she later considered herself a secular humanist.
Rice also authored erotic fiction under the pen names Anne Rampling and A. N. Roquelaure, including Exit to Eden (1985), which was later adapted into a 1994 film.
In 2003, she lost 103 lb (46 kg) as a result of gastric bypass surgery in January that year. At 5'2" (1.57m) and diabetic, she once weighed 255 lb (115 kg), having battled weight gain since her son was born in 1978, and gaining steadily since 1996. In 1998, she fell into a diabetic coma and knew she had to do something about her weight. When she read of Al Roker's gastric bypass surgery in 2002, she realized that she needed to do the same.
She was married to poet and painter Stan Rice from 1961 until his death from brain cancer in December 2002 at age 60. They were "madly, totally in love" and married for 41 years. She and Stan had two children, Michele, who died of leukemia at age five in 1972, and Christopher, who is also a bestselling author.
Anne Rice died on 11 December 2021 at age 80. That night her son Christopher posted on his social media that his mother had died due to complications resulting from a stroke "earlier tonight."
- parent->child relationship with Rice, Christopher (born 11 March 1978)
- Family trauma 1972 (child died)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1978 (son Christopher was born)
- Health : Decumbiture 1998 (Diabetic coma)
Date from "Contemporary Authors" Vol 12; time unknown. Her birth name was Howard Allen O'Brien, the daughter of Katherine Allen and Howard O'Brien. She named herself Anne on her first day of school.
Sy Scholfield quotes Zodiacal Zephyr for same date, Mercy Hospital, New Orleans, 8:05 AM CST, given as B.C. Sandra Rohzon responded that the data was submitted by someone visiting the website who gave no name and no source.
Sarah Stargaze writes on the 'net, 5/2000, "I met Anne Rice a few years ago at a book signing. I told her that I was an astrologer and asked for her birth data. She gave me place and date, then said, 'Theres no one alive that would remember my birth time.'"
Storm Cestavani writes (12/2000), "Anne Rice's secretary phoned me this evening as I requested her birthdata. I am a member of her book club. She informed me that Anne does not know her birthtime nor is it documented anywhere and her mother is deceased. She thanked me for the interest and said that Astrologers in the past have attempted to procure her data, yet unfortunatly she does not have it."
Debbi Kempton-Smith quotes a friend who asked Rice for her time of birth and Rice said "2:00 PM." This is not conclusive without documentation.
Bob Marks' website displays the chart with 8 Scorpio rising (8:01 AM) but with no data, nor does any of his charts show data or source. He writes (8 Feb 2001), "I got the data from an article in American Astrology magazine a few years ago. I'm tied up with work right now (plus Mercury is retrograde) but I'll look through my old issues in a few days and see if I can find the exact source." .
Starkman rectified to 13.52.00 CST Asc 26Cap18'.
- Traits : Body : Race (Irish Catholic descent)
- Traits : Body : Size (1.57 m/ 5 ft 2 in)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Maximum 115 kg/ 255 lb)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (BA, MA)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Gastric bypass)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Alcoholic)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of four daughters)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Homosexual (Son Christopher is gay)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Stroke)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 80)
- Vocation : Writers : Erotic
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Metaphysics/ Parapsychology