|born on||5 June 1954 at 13:20 (= 1:20 PM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°30' 13°38 Asc. 21°46'|
American spiritual teacher and scholar of mystical traditions east and west. He had a spontaneous and profound awakening at age 16, prior to which he was, as he once put it, “just a dumb jock” in high school, with no previous acquaintance with, or interest in, religion or spirituality. Went on to spend time with Nisargadatta Maharaj in 1980/81. Despite his transformation, he does not consider himself a guru (i.e., someone to be worshipped, obeyed, or surrendered to), but more of a guiding friend.
Traveled extensively in Europe and Asia. Earned M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in East-West Psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco from 1979-1988. He has published two books: a massive two-volume set on India's sages, and one on contemporary female mystics. He married late in life (~ 40), and never had children of his own. He is deeply devoted to his wife.
- (has as) guru relationship with Maharaj, Nisargadatta (born 17 April 1897)
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1 February 1971 (Transformative spiritual awakening)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Lisa quotes him. Same data listed on the biographical section of his own website.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Longtime vegan)
- Traits : Body : Size (6' 5" tall)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Rail thin)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (M.A. and Ph.D degrees)
- Traits : Personality : Creative
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Traits : Personality : Mystical
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Married at around age 40)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (Traveled extensively in Europe and Asia)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Lived in for a while in Burma and Bombay for religious study)
- Personal : Birth : Difficult birth (Born blue due to strangulation by umbilical cord)
- Vocation : Religion : Spiritual Leader/ Guru (Spiritual teacher, not guru)
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy (2 compendia of sages and mystics)