|Birthname||Noel David Redding|
|born on||25 December 1945 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Folkestone, England, 51n05, 1e11|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°07' 21°07 Asc. 12°55'|
Bass guitarist and songwriter who was recruited to play in the Jimi Hendrix Experience in 1966 and left in 1969 a year before Hendrix's death.
He formed other bands but without major success and retired to live in Ireland. In his book Are You Experienced? (co-authored with Carol Appleby) he spoke openly about his disappointment in his being cut off from the profits of the continued sale of the Hendrix recordings. He was forced to sign away his royalties in 1974 and in 1980 had to sell the bass guitar he used with the Experience to a collector. Redding had received $100,000 as a one-off payment after he had been told that there would be no more releases of Jimi Hendrix Experience material. (This was before the advent of CDs and DVDs.) Right up until his death, Redding had been planning legal action against the Hendrix estate for payment estimated at £3.26 million for his part in Hendrix's recording and for ongoing royalties.
Redding was found dead in his home in Clonakilty on 11 May 2003. A post mortem was carried out on 13 May at Cork University Hospital. The report concluded that Redding died from "shock haemorrhage due to oesophageal varices in reaction to cirrhosis of the liver"
- associate relationship with Lemmy (born 24 December 1945). Notes: Compare charts
- business associate/partner relationship with Hendrix, Jimi (born 27 November 1942)
- lover relationship with Des Barres, Pamela (born 9 September 1948)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1966 (Joined Jimi Hendrix Experience)
Frank C. Clifford (British Entertainers) quotes time given by Redding to Jenni Harte - 6:30 without specifying am or pm
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass guitarist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer