Razak Hussein, Abdul
|Birthname||Tun Abdul Razak bin Hussein|
|born on||11 March 1922 at 12:15 (= 12:15 PM )|
|Place||Pekan, Malaysia, 3n30, 103e25|
|Timezone||SST h7e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°52' 17°58 Asc. 22°26'|
Malaysian politician who was instrumental in helping independent Malaya (now Malaysia) gain its independence from Great Britain in 1957. In 1959, Razak was awarded the "Seri Maharaja Negara," one of the country’s highest honors, which gave him the title of "Tun Haji." Although he was educated as a lawyer, Razak joined the civil service in 1950, and five years later, he became involved in the political arena.
From 1957-70, he served as Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister. He was appointed Minister of Rural Development in 1959, and over the next ten years, he was a key figure in furthering the country’s rural and national development. In 1969, a year of violence between Malaya and China, he became head of the National Operations Council. The following year, he was made Prime Minister, and his leadership led to the establishment of friendly relations with Mainland China in 1974.
Known as a man of high personal integrity, Razak lived a simple, frugal life and was not concerned with accumulating wealth. He died on 1/14/1976, London.
- Work : New Career 1950 (Civil servant)
- Work : End Major Project 1957 (Helped in the independence of Malaya)
- Work : New Job 1957 (Deputy Prime Minister)
- Work : Prize 1959 (Seri Maharaja Negara Award)
- Work : New Job 1959 (Miniter of Rural Development)
- Work : New Job 1969 (National Operations Council)
- Work : Gain social status 1970 (Prime Minister)
Aaron Fischer quotes William Shaw, "Tun Razak, His Life and Times," 1976, p.13 "just after noon." The book preface refers to an interview with Razak. Born in Pekan, Pahang state, Federated Malay States (now Malaysia).
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly (Integrity)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Rural development, Natn'l operations council)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Defense and Prime Minister)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Seri Maharaja Negara Award)