|Birthname||Russell Chapin Rankin|
|born on||25 May 1968 at 01:54 (= 01:54 AM )|
|Place||Santa Cruz, California, 36n58, 122w02|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°12' 13°07 Asc. 05°23'|
American singer, songwriter, record producer, and writer best known as the vocalist for the punk rock bands Good Riddance and Only Crime. He performed a cover of the Johnny Cash song "Walk the Line" for a punk rock tribute album, All Aboard: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (2008). In 2012, Rankin released his debut solo album, Farewell Catalonia, on Paper + Plastik Records.
Russ Rankin has been outspoken about his political stances and done many charity actions. Particularly with Good Riddance, he has participated in benefit concerts, donated a portion of their records sales and distributed animal rights literature at their live shows. He became a vegetarian in the early 1990s and has been a vegan since 1993. Rankin has been straight edge since 1987.
In addition to music, Rankin is a hockey scout. He has contributed writing to magazines such as AMP, New Noise, Alternative Press, Razorcake, and The Washington Times.
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth news, Santa Cruz Sentinel (Santa Cruz, California), 14 June 1968, page 24, born at Dominican Hospital.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan since 1993)
- Traits : Body : Other body ("Straight edge")
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Good Riddance; Only Crime)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Sports Business : Promoter/ Agent (Hockey scout)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist