Randolph, Martha Jefferson
|born on||27 September 1772 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Monticello, Virginia, 38n02, 78w29|
|Timezone||LMT m78w29 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°39' 08°12 Asc. 04°54'|
American noted family member, the eldest child of Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States, and his wife Martha Wayles Skelton Jefferson. Her nickname was Patsy. She married Thomas Mann Randolph, Jr., who served as a politician at the federal and state levels and was elected a governor of Virginia (1819–1822). They had twelve children together. Martha was very close to her father in his old age; she was the only one of his children to survive past age 25. She died in Albemarle County, Virginia, on 10 October 1836, aged 64.
- child->parent relationship with Jefferson, Thomas (born 2 April 1743 Jul.Cal. (13 Apr 1743 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Eppes, Mary Jefferson (born 1 August 1778)
- role played of/by Paltrow, Gwyneth (born 27 September 1972). Notes: 1995 film "Jefferson in Paris"
- Relationship : Marriage 1790 (Thomas Mann Randolph, Jr.)
Sy Scholfield quotes "The life of Thomas Jefferson" by Henry Stephens Randall (New York: Derby & Jackson, 1858), p. 383: "On a leaf of Mr. Jefferson's prayer-book, in his handwriting, is the following family register: ...
Martha Jefferson was born September 27, 1772, at 1 o'clock A.M.
Jane Randolph Jefferson, born April 3, 1774, at 11 o'clock A.M. She died September,---, 1775.
A son, born May, 28, 1777, at 10 o'clock, P.M. Died June 14, at 10 o'clock and 20 minutes P.M.
Mary Jefferson, born August 1, 1778, at 1 o'clock and 30 minutes A.M. Died April 17, 1804, between 8 and 9 A.M.
A daughter, born in Richmond, Nov. 3, 1780, at 10 o'clock and 45 minutes P.M. Died April 15tb, 1781, at 10 o'clock A.M.
Lucy Elizabeth Jefferson, born May 8, 1782, at 1 o'clock A.M. Died ---- 1784."
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Daughter of Thomas Jefferson)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (12 children)