|Birthname||Jerry Lee Quarry|
|born on||15 May 1945 at 23:50 (= 11:50 PM )|
|Place||Bakersfield, California, 35n22, 119w01|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||25°02' 23°54 Asc. 18°46'|
American heavyweight boxer, nicknamed "Irish" or "The Bellflower Bomber," who was rated by Ring magazine as the most popular fighter in the sport, from 1968 to 1971, during the peak of his career. His most famous bouts were against world champions Floyd Patterson, Jimmy Ellis, Joe Frazier, Muhammad Ali and Ken Norton. His professional career record of 53 wins–9 losses–4 draws included wins over some of the best heavyweights of his era, 1965–1975. Quarry also had a remarkably successful amateur boxing career. Also briefly a Hollywood actor, Quarry appeared in a number of television roles, and also played a recurring character on the show Adam-12. His younger brother, Mike Quarry, was also a high-ranked contender in the light heavyweight division.
Jerry Quarry was inducted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1995, a television news broadcast of the event showed him barely aware of the proceedings, the dementia he suffered now severe. Quarry was hospitalized with pneumonia on 28 December 1998, and then suffered cardiac arrest. He never regained consciousness and died on 3 January 1999 at the age of 53 in Templeton, California.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Ali, Muhammad (born 17 January 1942). Notes: Boxing opponents
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Ellis, Jimmy (born 24 February 1940). Notes: Boxing opponents
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Frazier, Joe (born 12 January 1944). Notes: Boxing opponents
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Patterson, Floyd (born 4 January 1935). Notes: Boxing opponents
- sibling relationship with Quarry, Mike (born 4 March 1951)
- Work : Prize 1995 (World Boxing Hall of Fame)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 28 December 1998 (Hospitalized with pneumonia)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Alexander Angel provided birth certificate.
- Traits : Body : Race (Irish)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.83 m/ 6 ft 0 in)
- Traits : Body : Weight (88 kg/ 200 lb)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Alzheimer's/ Senility (Dementia pugilistica)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Repeated blows to the head)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Adam-12")
- Vocation : Sports : Boxing (Heavyweight)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (World Boxing)