|born on||8 May 1903 at 16:30 (= 4:30 PM )|
|Place||Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 49n36, 6e09|
|Timezone||LMT m6e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°53' 12°21 Asc. 16°27'|
Luxembourg's first female lawyer who often defended females and handled divorce cases. In 1939, she proved that the common practice to fire a female teacher after marriage was illegal.
She was the daughter of the lawyer and social democrat Jean-Pierre Probst, and graduated in law at the university. When she was to pass the qualifications as a lawyer in 1927, she was initially refused because of her gender. After protests from her male colleagues, however, she was allowed to pass, which is regarded as a great victory in the history of gender equality in Luxembourg.
Probst died on 28 October 1990, aged 87, in Luxembourg City.
Birth certificate (acte n° 184) provided by Sy Scholfield. Death data in Margin.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Lawyer)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Luxembourg's first female lawyer)