|born on||18 November 1911 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Vianden, Luxembourg, 49n57, 6e11|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°13' 00°33 Asc. 10°42'|
Luxembourg painter who, in 1954, was one of the founder members of the Iconomaques group of abstract painters who opposed figurative art. Thereafter, Probst was recognized as one of Luxembourg's classic artists, not just through local interest in his works but through exhibits at the Musée National d'Art Moderne in Paris and at the Universal Postal Union in Bern. In 1960, he was awarded the Italian Marzotto Prize, indicating the extent of foreign interest in his work.
From 1972, he developed a new clarity of form which he also applied to stained-glass windows, murals and mosaics. The spiral took on special importance in his work, revealing his growing depth of interest in abstraction.
He died on 8 July 1997 in Jonglënster, aged 85.
- associate relationship with Kirscht, Emile (born 11 June 1913). Notes: Cofounders of the "Iconomaques"
- associate relationship with Stoffel, Michel (born 24 March 1903). Notes: Cofounders of the "Iconomaques"
Birth certificate (acte n° 26) provided by Sy Scholfield. Death data in margin.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 85)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Marzotto Prize)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Cofounder of the "Iconomaques")