|Birthname||Gustav Adolph Preßle|
|born on||11 June 1827 at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||Tübingen, Germany, 48n31, 9e02|
|Timezone||LMT m9e02 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°10' 22°47 Asc. 23°48'|
German composer of two operas and at least forty piano works, he extracted the lyrics for many of his songs from folk songs and set them to music.
Patronage from the king of Württemberg enabled him to study in Italy from 1858 to 1860, where he composed his first opera Die St.-Johannis-Nacht. In 1866, he wrote his second opera Der Schneider von Ulm, which was successfully performed in several locations in Württemberg.
Pressel married twice and had no children. In 1889, he fell ill with tongue cancer, which was treated unsuccessfully in Stuttgart and Berlin. Pressel died from the disease on 30 July 1890 in Berlin at the age of 63.
Sy Scholfield provided Lutheran Church birth and baptism registry entry (1827, no. 113): "11 Jun. Nachts 11½" (11 June, 11:30 o'clock at night).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Tongue)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc. (Royal patronage)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Tongue cancer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Operas, piano works)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Other Entertain/Music (Music theorist)