|Birthname||Catherine Marthe Louise Pozzy|
|born on||13 July 1882 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°01' 01°20 Asc. 12°37'|
French poet and woman of letters, known for six withering poems, published in 1935 ("Mesures"), an anonymous autobiography ("Agnès," 1927), and an unfinished philosophical essay ("Peau d’Ame").
She was the daughter of Samuel Pozzi, surgeon and gynecologist, and Thérèse Loth-Cazalis. Her well-educated family was friends with artists and writers, including José-Maria de Heredia and Paul Bourget. From a young age she was interested in music, and at age 11 started keeping a journal. She studied for a year in Oxford.
At the age of 19, she read the published diary of Marie Bashkirtseff, and it had a profound effect upon her, spurring her to write intensely in her own journal.
On 25 January 1909, at age 26, she married the popular dramatist Édouard Bourdet in Paris. In October that year, their son Claude (later a member of the French Resistance) was born.
She began studying history, philosophy and religion, math and sciences as the student of Marie Jaëll. In 1918, at the age of 37, she passed her baccalaureate. In that year, her father was assassinated by one of his former patients who was suffering from a paranoid delusion.
Her friends included Rainer Maria Rilke, Anna de Noailles, Jean Paulhan (editor of La Nouvelle Revue française), Colette, Henri de Régnier, and Pierre Jean Jouve.
In 1920, she began a tumultuous relationship with Paul Valéry, which lasted eight years and gave rise to important correspondence. The rift between them distanced her from the Paris salons and caused her to have a terrible feeling of isolation.
She died in Paris on 3 December 1934 from tuberculosis as well as morphine and laudanum abuse.
- friend relationship with Colette (born 28 January 1873)
- friend relationship with de Noailles, Anna (born 15 November 1876)
- friend relationship with de Regnier, Henri Francois (born 28 December 1864)
- friend relationship with Jouve, Pierre-Jean (born 11 October 1887)
- friend relationship with Paulhan, Jean (born 2 December 1884)
- friend relationship with Rilke, Rainer Maria (born 3 December 1875)
- lover relationship with Valéry, Paul (born 30 October 1871). Notes: 1920-1927
- parent->child relationship with Bourdet, Claude (born 28 October 1909)
- child->parent relationship with Pozzi, Samuel (born 3 October 1846)
- spouse relationship with Bourdet, Edouard (born 26 October 1887). Notes: 1909-1934
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 28 October 1909 (Birth of son, Claude Bourdet)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : End a program of study 1918 (Baccalaureate)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate n° 796 in the online Paris archives (1st arr., image 3/31). Marriage data in margin.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Tuberculosis
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Morphine and laudanum)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Poet