|born on||21 May 1952 at 07:36 (= 07:36 AM )|
|Place||Tucson, Arizona, 32n13, 110w56|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°28' 03°56 Asc. 02°50'|
American author; astrologer since the age of 11. The daughter of Dr. Zipporah Dobyns, she earned her B.A. in Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley in June 1974, Phi Beta Kappa; her M.A. in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles in July 1976. She was ordained a minister of the Los Angeles Community Church of Religious Science, May 1977 and awarded Doctor of Divinity by Community Church of Religious Science, November 1998.
From 1976-1995 Maritha taught astrology and psychotherapy techniques at the Feathered Pipe Ranch in Helena, Montana for Holistic Life Seminars each year in the summer.
From 1975 she co-led workshops for Association for Humanistic Psychology with Zipporah Dobyns and lectured and led workshops across the United States and Canada. She spoke at SouthWest Astrology conferences; International Society for Astrological Research conferences; American Federation of Astrologers conferences; National Council for GeoCosmic Research conferences, and United Astrology Congress.
From 1983-1998, Maritha was Editorial Director of ACS Publications, Inc. in San Diego, specializing in astrological textbooks and references. She wrote text interpretations for a number of computerized astrological reports, including Planetary Profile, Your Astro Analysis, Compatibility Profile, Astro Map Analysis, Relocation Profile, Astro Basics, Your Year Ahead, Your Past Lives, and more. Emphasize the psychological drives depicted within a horoscope.
In 1978 she published "Encounter Astrology" which teaches astrology experientially. From 1980 she began to speak at international conferences in the UK, Europe, Australia and Russia.
Her "Healing with the Horoscope, a Guide to Counseling" came out in 1982. In 1986 she authored "Complete Horoscope Interpretation." (Now re-titled "Astrology: The Next Step.") In 1991 she added "Astro Essentials; in 1994, "Planets in Signs, Houses and Aspects" and in 1997, "Your Starway to Love; Better Romance with Astrology." She authored "Past Lives, Future Choices" which came out in 1997 and "Unveiling Your Future; Progressions Made Easy" in 1998.
Maritha continues to edit, teach, privately counsel clients, lecture and lead workshops across the United States and abroad from her home office in San Diego, California.
- child->parent relationship with Dobyns, Zipporah (born 26 August 1921)
- sibling relationship with Pottenger, Mark (born 9 February 1955)
- sibling relationship with Pottenger, Rique (born 16 September 1949)
- spousal equivalent relationship with Matz, Marc (born 28 November 1949)
- Social : End a program of study June 1974 (B.A. from University of California)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Career 1976 (Taught astrology and psychotherapy)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 (Astrology book released)
- Work : New Career 1983 (Editor-Director of ACS)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1994 (Book released, "Planets in Signs, Houses and Aspects")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 (Astrology book released)
LMR quotes her in 1980.
Sy Scholfield quotes same data ("7:36 a.m.") given in birth notices, Tucson Daily Citizen, 22 May 1952, page 31; Arizona Daily Star (Tucson), 23 May 1952, page C5; born at Tucson Medical Center.
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level: high IQ)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Mom)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of four, only girl)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Long-term partner)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Bridge)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (International speaker)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor with ACS)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection