|Birthname||Gonzalo Javier Enrique Portocarrero Maisch|
|born on||3 December 1949 at 10:20 (= 10:20 AM )|
|Place||Lima, Peru, 12s03, 77w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°09' 18°51 Asc. 16°07'|
Peruvian sociologist, social scientist and essayist, who created the first program of Cultural Studies in Peru in 2008, culminating the research around these topics that began in the late 1990s.
He was a visiting professor at universities in the United States, Japan, Germany, Mexico, Venezuela and the United Kingdom. Until his death, he served as a professor at the Department of Social Sciences of the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
Among other distinctions, he was recognized as Doctor Honoris Causa by the National University of the Center of Peru and was awarded the National Culture Award by the Ministry of Culture.
He died from lung cancer on 21 March 2019 at the age of 69.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in Sociology)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Cancer)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Lung cancer)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Sociologist
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (National Culture Award)