Pierre d'Orléans, Duke of Penthièvre
|Birthname||Pierre Philippe Jean Marie d'Orléans|
|born on||4 November 1845 at 22:45 (= 10:45 PM )|
|Place||St.Cloud, France, 48n50, 2e11|
|Timezone||LMT m2e11 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°24' 18°19 Asc. 13°07'|
French Prince of the House of Orléans, styled Duke of Penthièvre, who was a grandson of French king Louis Philippe I. Declining a proposal to marry into the Brazilian royal family, he chose a naval career and fathered two children without marrying. Prince Pierre was an officer in the Union and French Navies and a global traveller.
Pierre d'Orléans was the son of François d'Orléans, Prince of Joinville and his wife, Princess Francisca of Brazil.
He died a bachelor on 17 July 1919, aged 73, in Paris.
- child->parent relationship with François d'Orléans, Prince of Joinville (born 14 August 1818)
- sibling relationship with Françoise, Princess of Orléans (1844) (born 14 August 1844)
- other kin relationship with Louis Philippe, King of France (born 6 October 1773). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes from birth report in Oesterreichischer Beobachter (13 November 1845), p. 1255: "Paris, 6 November... vorgestern Abends um halb 11 Uhr ... Saint-Cloud" (Paris, 6 November ... the evening before last at half-past eleven ... Saint-Cloud).
On 10 May 2017 Scholfield changed the time to 10:45pm, quoting official doctor's report in "Le Journal des Débats politiques et littéraires," 7 November 1845, p. 1: "François-Joseph Moreau, professeur à la Faculté de Médecine de Paris, chirurgien-accoucheur de la princesse, lequel nous a déclaré que ledit enfant avait été reçu par lui hier, 4 de ce mois, à dix heures trois quarts du soir," (François-Joseph Moreau, Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of Paris, surgeon-accoucheur of the princess, told us that the child was received by him yesterday, 4th of this month, at ten-forty-five in the evening).
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Bachelor)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy officer)
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer (Global traveller)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orléans)