|Birthname||Joaquin Rafael Bottom|
|born on||28 October 1974|
|Place||San Juan, Puerto Rico, 18n28, 66w06|
|Timezone||AST h4w (is standard time)|
American screen actor and producer who has received several accolades, including an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, a Grammy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Phoenix started acting in television with his brother River and sister Summer. His first major film role was in SpaceCamp (1986). During this period, he was credited as Leaf Phoenix, his self-given name. He later went back to his birth name and received positive reviews for his supporting work in the comedy-drama To Die For (1995) and the period film Quills (2000). He received wider attention for his portrayal of Commodus in Gladiator (2000), which earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He subsequently earned Best Actor nominations for portraying musician Johnny Cash in Walk the Line (2005), an alcoholic war veteran in The Master (2012), which won him the Volpi Cup for Best Actor, and the title character in Joker (2019), which earned him critical praise and numerous accolades including the Academy Award for Best Actor.
Phoenix's other films include the horror films Signs (2002) and The Village (2004), the historical drama Hotel Rwanda (2004), the romantic drama Her (2013), the crime satire Inherent Vice (2014), and the psychological thriller You Were Never Really Here (2017), for which he won the Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor.
Phoenix has also ventured into directing music videos, as well as producing films and television shows. For recording the soundtrack to Walk the Line, he won the Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media. Phoenix is a social activist, lending his support to several charities and humanitarian organizations. Phoenix is also known for his animal rights advocacy. He has been a vegan since the age of three and campaigns for PETA and In Defense of Animals.
Phoenix dated his Inventing the Abbotts co-star Liv Tyler from 1995 to 1998, and South African model Topaz Page-Green from 2001 to 2005. Since late 2016, he has been dating Rooney Mara. In July 2019, it was confirmed that they are engaged.
- associate relationship with Fonda, Jane (born 21 December 1937). Notes: Arrested at a climate change protest
- lover relationship with Tyler, Liv (born 1 July 1977). Notes: Dated 1995-1998
- sibling relationship with Phoenix, River (born 23 August 1970)
- role played of/by Callahan, John (born 5 February 1951). Notes: 2018 film "Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot"
- role played of/by Cash, Johnny (born 26 February 1932). Notes: 2005 film "Walk the Line"
- role played of/by Jesus of Nazareth (born 25 December 01 BC (000) Jul.Cal.). Notes: 2018 film "Mary Magdalene"
Various biographical references.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan since age 3)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Congenital microform cleft lip)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Anxiety Disorder
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of five)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Actor from age 12)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Narrator)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Actor)