Philippe-Charles, Duke of Anjou
|Birthname||Philippe-Charles de France|
|born on||5 August 1668 (greg.) at 08:45 (= 08:45 AM )|
|Place||St.Germain en Laye, France, 48n54, 2e05|
|Timezone||LMT m2e05 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°27' 15°42 Asc. 26°59'|
French royalty as the fifth child and second son of King Louis XIV of France and his wife, the Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain, and as such a Fils de France.
While at Saint-Germain-en-Laye, he died on 10 July 1671 of a chest infection, like his elder sister, Anne-Élisabeth de France who had died five and a half years before his birth. Upon his death, the appanage of the Duchy of Anjou reverted to the Crown, and was given to his younger brother, Louis François.
- child->parent relationship with Louis XIV, King of France (born 5 September 1638 (greg.))
- child->parent relationship with María Teresa of Spain, Queen of France (born 10 September 1638 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louis, Grand Dauphin (born 1 November 1661 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Marie-Thérèse, Madame Royale (born 2 January 1667 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield cites birth record quoted on Wikipedia: "Archives départementales des Yvelines - Saint-Germain-en-Laye (B 1656-1677 ; vue 165/431) - Naissance de Monseigneur le Duc d'Anjou - Le 5 jour de Aoust 1668 sur huit heures 3 quarts du matin nasquit et vint au monde dans le chasteau viell de St Germain en Laye Monsieur Le Duc d'Anjou second fils de france et sa naissance suivie d'acclamation et réjouissance publique après le Te Deum chanté solennellement en l'Eglise paroissialle dudit lieu en acte de graces à Dieu ....(acte retranscrit en partie)"
Same time given in Journal d'Olivier Lefèvre d'Ormesson: 1661-1672 (Impr. impériale, 1861), p. 553.
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 2)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon, France)