Philipp Wilhelm, Duke of Bavaria
|born on||22 September 1576 Jul.Cal. (2 Oct 1576 greg.) at 05:45 (= 05:45 AM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°00' 05°03 Asc. 05°16'|
German cardinal. The son of William V, Duke of Bavaria and Renata of Lorraine, he studied theology and philosophy at Ingolstadt University with his younger brother Ferdinand (later archbishop of Cologne). Philipp was made a cardinal by pope Clement VIII in the consistory of 18 December 1596, but he died in a riding accident two years later on 18 May 1598 in Dachau.
- child->parent relationship with Wilhelm V, Duke of Bavaria (born 29 September 1548 Jul.Cal. (9 Oct 1548 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Albrecht VI, Duke of Bavaria (born 18 April 1584 Jul.Cal. (28 Apr 1584 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand of Bavaria, Archbishop of Cologne (born 6 October 1577 Jul.Cal. (16 Oct 1577 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Magdalene, Duchess of Bavaria (born 4 July 1587 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna, Archduchess of Austria (1574) (born 8 December 1574 Jul.Cal. (18 Dec 1574 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maximilian I, Elector of Bavaria (born 17 April 1573 Jul.Cal. (27 Apr 1573 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Kurzgefaßte Geschichte der Herzoge von Bayern von Herzog Otto dem Großen von Wittelsbach an bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten: Mit nöthigen Beylagen" by Joseph Anton Aettenkhover (Montag, 1767), p. 103: "Philippi, welcher 1576. den 22. Sept. an einem Samstage Morgens ein Viertel vor 6. Uhr zu München gebohren..."
Translation: Philipp, born in 1576, 22 Sept., a Saturday morning, at a quarter to 6 o'clock in Munich...
Note: 22/9/1576 OS was a Saturday.
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ eastern (Cardinal)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)