Philipp, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
|Birthname||Ferdinand Philipp Maria August Raphael|
|born on||28 March 1844 at 05:15 (= 05:15 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°38' 19°05 Asc. 18°06'|
German royalty, as the second prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and lord of Csábrág and Szitnya (sk), both in modern-day Slovakia.
He was the eldest son of August, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and Clémentine of Orléans. His mother was a daughter of King Louis Philippe I of France. He was a member of the Catholic Koháry line of the House of Wettin and an elder brother of Ferdinand, Tsar of Bulgaria.
In 1870, he became a Major in the Hungarian army. He was a close confidant to his brother-in-law, Crown Prince Rudolf.
In Brussels on 4 February/4 May 1875, Philipp married Louise, Princess of Belgium, his second cousin, daughter of Leopold II, king of the Belgians and granddaughter of Leopold I, king of the Belgians, brother of Philipp's grandfather Ferdinand.
They had two children but their marriage proved disastrous and she left her husband in 1896. In 1898, Louise lost parental power over her children and on 15 January 1906, the divorce was pronounced in Gotha.
Prince Philip had an important collection of coins from Saxony, the East and overseas. He published about Oriental numismatics.
He died on 3 July 1921, aged 77, in Coburg.
- friend relationship with Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria (born 21 August 1858)
- child->parent relationship with Clémentine, Princess of Orléans (born 3 June 1817)
- spouse relationship with Louise, Princess of Belgium (1858) (born 18 February 1858). Notes: 1875-1906
- sibling relationship with Clotilde, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 8 July 1846)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig August, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 9 August 1845)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Preßburger Zeitung," 10 April 1844, p. 3: "Paris, 29. März. Der „Moniteur“ meldet die geftern am 28., um 5 1/4 Uhr Morgens erfolgte glückliche Entbindung der Prinzeffin von Sachfen-Coburg-Gotha von einem Prinzen, welcher, einem Befehl des Königs zufolge, die Vornamen Philipp Ferdinand Maria Auguft Raphael erhielt."
Translation: Paris, 29 March. The "Moniteur" reported yesterday, on the 28th, that at five-fifteen o'clock in the morning, the Princess of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was happily delivered of a prince who, according to a command from the king, received the first names Philipp Ferdinand Maria August Raphael.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Army Major)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha-Koháry)