|born on||13 September 1969 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, 29n57, 90w05|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||20°36' 11°13 Asc. 19°23'|
American actor, comedian, filmmaker, writer, and songwriter, specializing in the gospel genre. Perry wrote and produced many stage plays during the 1990s and early 2000s.
In 2011 he was the highest paid man in entertainment; he earned US$130 million between May 2010 and 2011. Perry created and performs the Madea character, a tough elderly black woman.
Born as Emmitt Perry Jr., the son of Willie Maxine Perry (née Campbell) and Emmitt Perry, Sr., a carpenter. Perry once said his father's "answer to everything was to beat it out of you". As a child, Perry once went so far as to attempt suicide in an effort to escape his father's beatings.
In contrast to his father, his mother took him to church each week, where he sensed a certain refuge and contentment. At age 16, he had his first name legally changed from Emmitt to Tyler in an effort to distance himself from his father.
Many years later, after seeing the film Precious, he was moved to relate for the first time accounts of being molested by a friend's mother at age 10; he was also molested by three men prior to this, and later learned his own father had molested his friend.
A DNA test Perry took in the 2010s stated that Emmitt Sr. was not Perry's biological father.
Perry describes himself as a Christian. Many of the themes in his work reflect theology and social behavior indicative of the predominantly black church culture, such as the many scenes in both his stage and screen work that feature church settings and worship styles commonly found in predominantly African American churches, including showcases of gospel music and artists.
On 8 December 2009, his mother, died at age 64, following an illness. As of 2016, he is unmarried, living with his girlfriend Gelila Bekele since 2009. On 30 November 2014, Bekele gave birth to his son Aman Tyler Perry.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 11 April 2006 (Debut novel, "Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 30 November 2014 (Birth of son Aman)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steven Stuckey pointed to a Fox News show where Perry presents his orginal birth certificate, with the date 13 Sept 1969. He crossed it out and wrote 14 over it, as his mother said this was the date. He states that he celebrates on both days.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (by father)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (molested by a friend's mother at age 10)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Christian)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Humor
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script