|born on||4 April 1932 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°35' 28°34 Asc. 21°03'|
American actor and singer, nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his second film, Friendly Persuasion, but best known for playing Norman Bates in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and its three sequels.
According to the unauthorized biography Split Image by Charles Winecoff, he had exclusively same-sex relationships until his late 30s, including with actors Tab Hunter and Nick Adams, artist Christopher Makos, dancer Rudolf Nureyev, composer/lyricist Stephen Sondheim, and dancer-choreographer Grover Dale. Perkins has been described as one of the two great men in the life of French author Patrick Loiseau. He had his first intimate heterosexual experience with actress Victoria Principal on location filming The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean in 1971. He met photographer Berinthia "Berry" Berenson the following year at a party in New York City. They married on 9 August 1973 and had two sons: actor Oz Perkins (b. 2 February 1974), and musician Elvis Perkins (b. 9 February 1976).
Diagnosed with HIV during the filming of Psycho IV, Perkins died at his Los Angeles home on 12 September 1992 from AIDS-related pneumonia at age 60. His wife died nine years later, in the 11 September 2001 attacks.
- associate relationship with Hitchcock, Alfred (born 13 August 1899). Notes: "Psycho"
- friend relationship with Stevenson, Venetia (born 10 March 1938)
- lover relationship with Hunter, Tab (born 11 July 1931)
- lover relationship with Loiseau, Patrick (born 8 June 1949)
- lover relationship with Nureyev, Rudolph (born 17 March 1938)
- lover relationship with Sondheim, Stephen (born 22 March 1930)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 2 February 1974 (Birth of son, Oz)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 9 February 1976 (Birth of son, Elvis)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes Marc Penfield.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : AIDS/ HIV
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Star of Hitchcock's Psycho and its three sequels)