Pedro III, King of Portugal
|Birthname||Pedro Clemente Francisco José António|
|born on||5 July 1717 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°11' 28°23 Asc. 10°48'|
King of Portugal and the Algarves by the accession of his wife and niece Queen Maria I in 1777; he co-reigned alongside her until his death. His parents were King João V and his wife Maria Ana of Austria.
Pedro and Maria had six children (and a stillborn baby), of whom the eldest surviving son succeeded Maria as João VI on her death in 1816. Pedro died on 25 May 1786 aged 68.
- parent->child relationship with João VI, King of Portugal (born 13 May 1767)
- parent->child relationship with José, Prince of Brazil (born 21 August 1761)
- parent->child relationship with Mariana Vitória, Infanta of Portugal (born 15 December 1768)
- child->parent relationship with João V, King of Portugal (born 22 October 1689 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Maria I, Queen of Portugal (born 17 December 1734). Notes: 1760-1786
- sibling relationship with Alexandre, Infante of Portugal (born 24 September 1723)
- sibling relationship with Bárbara, Queen Consort of Spain (born 4 December 1711)
- sibling relationship with José I, King of Portugal (born 6 June 1714)
- sibling relationship with Pedro, Prince of Brazil (born 19 October 1712)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Elementos para a historia do municipio de Lisboa, Volume 11" by Eduardo Freire de Oliveira and A. Esteves Rodrigues da Silva (Typographia universal, 1901), p. 199: "Na segunda-feira, 5 de julho de 1717, pelas 12 horas da manhã, nasceu no palacio real da Ribeira da Cidade o infante D. Pedro que veiu a ser grão prior do Crato, e que, em virtude do seu consorcio com a rainha D. Maria 1..."
Translation: On Monday, 5 July 1717, at 12 midday, Prince Pedro was born in the Ribeira royal palace...
On 17 April 2017 Scholfield changed the rating from B to A, having forwarded news report from "Haerlemsche courant," 7 August 1717, p. 2: "Liffabon den 6 July. Gifteren op de middag is de Coningin van een Prins geluckig in 't Kraembed bevallen." (Lisbon, 6 July. Yesterday at midday the Queen was happily delivered of a Prince).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (25 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)