Pascoaes, Teixeira de
|Birthname||Joaquim Pereira Teixeira de Vasconcelos|
|born on||8 November 1877 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Amarante, Portugal, 41n16, 8w05|
|Timezone||LMT m8w05 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°27' 28°35 Asc. 22°22'|
Portuguese poet whose work reflects his quiet contemplative nature and affinity to the mystical. He published his first three books of poetry while studying law at the university. Although he practiced law for a short while after graduation, his spiritual life compelled him to devote himself to his spiritual life. His philosophical and metaphysical ideas centered on the concept of "saudade," a deep mystical and spiritual longing. From 1910-1916 he worked as publisher of a magazine whose core mission was to promote works with "saudade" as a central theme.
He died on 14 December 1952 of lung bacillosis in Amarante, Portugal, aged 75.
- associate relationship with Marsman, Hendrik (born 30 September 1899). Notes: translator of De Pascoaes
- Work : Begin Major Project 1910 (Publisher of a magazine)
- Death by Disease 14 December 1952 (Of lung bacillosis, age 75, in Amarante, Portugal)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Filipe Ferreira quotes birth certificate in hand for November 8, 1877, acknowledging that many sources give November 2 as the date. Ferreira writes, "It seems Pascoaes gave 2 November (All Souls Day) as his birth date for symbolic reasons of his own, it seems…"
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor