|Birthname||Candace Nicole Parker|
|born on||19 April 1986 at 04:42 (= 04:42 AM )|
|Place||St.Louis, Missouri, 38n38, 90w12|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°05' 22°30 Asc. 12°30'|
American professional basketball player who won a gold medal for the USA at the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics in the Women's basketball team event. Parker currently plays for the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA). Parker is the younger sister of former NBA player Anthony Parker and was the first overall pick in the 2008 WNBA Draft. In high school, Parker won the 2003 and 2004 Gatorade National Girls Basketball Player of the Year awards, becoming just the second junior and the only female to receive the award twice.
A versatile player, Candace mainly plays the forward position, but while in college, she was listed on Tennessee's roster as a forward, center, and guard. Parker may be best known for being the first woman to dunk in an NCAA tournament game and the first woman to dunk twice in a college game—she set both milestones as a redshirt freshman on 19 March 2006. She also became only the second player to dunk in a WNBA game on 22 June 2008.
Parker has won a WNBA championship (2016), two WNBA Most Valuable Player Awards (2008, 2013), a WNBA Finals MVP Award (2016), a WNBA All-Star Game MVP (2013) award, two Olympic gold medals (2008, 2012), and the WNBA Rookie of the Year Award (2008). Parker has also been selected to six All-WNBA teams and three All-Star teams.
On 13 November 2008, Parker married Shelden Williams, who played college basketball at Duke University and also played in the NBA. The couple have a daughter named Lailaa Nicole Williams, born on 13 May 2009. In November 2016, the couple split up after eight years of marriage when Williams filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences". They became separated three months prior to the divorce.
- sibling relationship with Parker, Anthony (born 19 June 1975)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 13 May 2009 (Birth of daughter, Lailaa Nicole Williams)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : End significant relationship November 2016 (Shelden Williams)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes her on Twitter: "technically i was born on April 19th at 4:42 am Central time soooo i still got a lil time left to live up being 23!!!!!" (posted 18 Apr 2010) , "I was born in st louis!" .
- Traits : Body : Race (African-American)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 193 cm/ 6 ft 4 in)
- Traits : Body : Weight (79 kg/ 175 lbs)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brother Anthony Parker also a basketball player)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball
- Notable : Awards : Medals (Two Olympic golds)
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Two gold medals)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Olympian)