Pávlos, King of Greece
|Birthname||Pávlos, Vasiléfs ton Ellínon|
|born on||14 December 1901 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Athens, Greece, 37n58, 23e43|
|Timezone||LST m23e43 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°53' 00°23 Asc. 25°36'|
King of Greece from 1947 until his death.
Pávlos (Paul) was the third son of King Constantine I of Greece and his wife, Princess Sophia of Prussia. He trained as an army officer at the Royal Military College, Sandhurst and later at the Hellenic Military Academy in Kypseli, Athens. Paul was an army officer cadet in the Coldstream Guards and Lieutenant with the Evzones.
From 1917 to 1920, Paul lived in exile with his father, Constantine I. From 1923 to 1935, he lived in exile again in England, this time with his brother, George II. He worked briefly in an aircraft factory under an alias, and through Viscount Tredegar met and befriended notorious literary muse Denham Fouts, who later alleged an affair. As Fout's life is clouded by myth, the truth of this is uncertain.
On 9 January 1938, Paul married Princess Frederica of Hanover, his first cousin once removed (a great-niece of Paul's mother Sophia), at Athens. They had three children.
He died on 6 March 1964, aged 62, in Athens.
- parent->child relationship with Irene, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 11 May 1942)
- parent->child relationship with Konstantinos II, King of Greece (born 2 June 1940)
- parent->child relationship with Sofía, Queen Consort of Spain (born 2 November 1938)
- child->parent relationship with Konstantinos I, King of Greece (born 2 August 1868)
- child->parent relationship with Sophie, Princess of Prussia (born 14 June 1870)
- spouse relationship with Friederike, Queen Consort of Greece (born 18 April 1917). Notes: 1938-1964
- sibling relationship with Aléxandros, King of Greece (born 1 August 1893)
- sibling relationship with Brandram, Lady Katherine (born 4 May 1913)
- sibling relationship with Geórgios II, King of Greece (born 19 July 1890)
- sibling relationship with Helen, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 2 May 1896)
- sibling relationship with Irene, Duchess of Aosta (born 13 February 1904)
Sy Scholfield quotes news report from "Neue Hamburger Zeitung," 15 December 1901, p 3: "Athen, 14. Dezember. (Von unserem f-Bericht-erstaiter.) Die Kronprinzessin, die Schwester des Kaisers Wilhelm, wurde heute nachmittag von einem Prinzen entbunden." (Athens, December 14th. The Crown Princess, the sister of Emperor Wilhelm, was delivered this afternoon of a prince). A time of 3pm is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Glücksburg)