Otto, Archduke of Austria
|Birthname||Otto Franz Joseph Karl Ludwig Maria|
|born on||21 April 1865 at 11:30 (= 11:30 AM )|
|Place||Graz, Austria, 47n05, 15e27|
|Timezone||LMT m15e27 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°19' 03°31 Asc. 09°47'|
Austrian nobility, the second son of Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria (younger brother of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria) and his second wife, Princess Maria Annunciata of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. Otto married Princess Maria Josepha of Saxony, daughter of King George of Saxony on 2 October 1886. Otto and Maria had two sons: Archduke Karl Franz of Austria (1887–1922), who became the last Emperor of Austria; and Archduke Maximilian Eugen of Austria (1895–1952). Archduke Otto also had two children by a mistress. Around 1900, Otto contracted an incurable form of syphilis which caused him agonizing pain for the last two years of his life. He died on 1 November 1906 in Vienna.
- parent->child relationship with Karl I, Emperor of Austria (born 17 August 1887)
- parent->child relationship with Maximilian Eugen, Archduke of Austria (born 13 April 1895)
- child->parent relationship with Karl Ludwig, Archduke of Austria (born 30 July 1833)
- spouse relationship with Maria Josepha, Princess of Saxony (born 31 May 1867). Notes: 1886-1906
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Amalie, Archduchess of Austria (born 7 July 1878). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 27 December 1868)
- sibling relationship with Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 18 December 1863)
- sibling relationship with Margarete Sophie, Archduchess of Austria (born 13 May 1870)
- sibling relationship with Maria Annunziata, Archduchess of Austria (born 31 July 1876)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Erzherzog Carl Ludwig, 1833-1896: ein Lebensbild" by Alfred Lindheim (Ritter von) (K.K. Hof- und Staatsdruckerei, 1897), p. 103: "Graz ist auch die Geburtsstadt des zweiten Sohnes, den die glückliche Mutter ihrem frohbewegten Gatten am 21. April 1865, mittags ½12 Uhr — wie das officielle Bulletin angibt — geboren hatte; ein gesundes, kräftiges Knäblein, des Vaters Stolz, der Mutter Freude."
Translation: Graz was also the birthplace of the second son. To the happy mother and her husband, on 21 April 1865, at 'half 12' [11:30] o'clock noon - specifies the official Bulletin - was born a strong, healthy little boy, the father's pride, the mother joy.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)