Odell, Mary Jane
|Birthname||Mary Jane Neville|
|born on||28 July 1923 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Algona, Iowa, 43n04, 94w14|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°23' 11°20 Asc. 14°29'|
American journalist, lecturer, politician, and media personality, who received multiple awards during her life. In 1972 and 1975, Odell received an Emmy Award for outstanding individual achievement. She was inducted into the Iowa Women's Hall of Fame in 1979.
In 1980, Odell was appointed Iowa Secretary of State, a position that she held until 1987.
Odell founded the Iowa Chapter of American Women in Radio and Television, in which she was the National Area Membership Chairman and Vice-President.
Odell became a widow when her first husband died in 1966 and she married John Odell in June 1967, later moving to Chicago with him, her two children, and his four children. She died on 16 December 2010 at age 87.
- Relationship : Marriage 1946 (Gerald Chinn)
- Death of Mate 1966 (Gerald Chinn)
- Work : Prize 1979 (Iowa Women's Hall of Fame)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Republican)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Iowa Secretary of State, 1980-1987)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Two)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Iowa Women's)