|Birthname||Malia Ann Obama|
|born on||4 July 1998 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||12°33' 15°05 Asc. 11°41'|
American newsmaker from a noted family, she is the eldest of the two daughters of former president Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama who resided at the White House for two terms from 2009 to 2017.
Malia's sister Natasha (known as Sasha) was born on 10 June 2001. They were both delivered at University of Chicago Medical Center by their parents' friend and physician Anita Blanchard. In 2014, Malia and Sasha were named two of "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014" by Time magazine.
Malia and Sasha both graduated from the private Sidwell Friends School in Washington, D.C., the same school that Chelsea Clinton, Tricia Nixon Cox, Archibald Roosevelt and the grandchildren of Joe Biden (when he was Vice President) attended. The Obama girls began classes there on 5 January 2009; Malia graduated in 2016. Before the family moved to Washington in 2009, both girls attended the private University of Chicago Laboratory School.
In his victory speech on the night of his election, President Obama repeated his promise to Sasha and Malia to get a puppy to take with them to the White House. The selection was slow because Malia is allergic to animal dander. On 12 April 2009, it was reported that the Obamas had adopted a six-month-old Portuguese Water Dog given to them as a gift by Senator Ted Kennedy; Malia and Sasha named the dog Bo. The White House referred to Bo as the First Dog. In 2013, the family adopted a second Portuguese Water Dog named Sunny.
As a high school student, Malia Obama spent a portion of the summer in 2014 and 2015 working in television studios in New York and Los Angeles. She spent the summer of 2016 working as an intern in the U.S. Embassy in Madrid, Spain.
In the fall of 2016, Malia went on an 83-day trip to Bolivia and Peru. In February 2017, Malia started an internship for Harvey Weinstein at The Weinstein Company film studio in New York City. In August 2017, Malia started attending Harvard University.
- child->parent relationship with Obama, Barack (born 4 August 1961)
- child->parent relationship with Obama, Michelle (born 17 January 1964)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Barack Obama's autobiography A Promised Land (Crown, 2020): "Around six a.m. on the Fourth of July, Michelle poked me and said it was time to go to the hospital. I fumbled around and gathered the bag I'd set by the door, and just seven hours later was introduced to Malia Ann Obama, eight pounds and fifteen ounces of perfection."
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Allergies (Animal dander)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Private schools, etc)
- Family : Childhood : Family close
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Presidential Obamas)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Oldest of two girls)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Dogs)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Worked in Madrid, Spain)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Daughter of the Obamas)