Nikolai Alexandrovich, Grand Duke of Russia
|born on||20 September 1843 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Tsarskoye Selo, Russian Federation, 59n43, 30e25|
|Timezone||LMT m30e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°30' 04°43 Asc. 24°18'|
Russian Grand Duke who was Tsesarevich—the heir apparent—of Imperial Russia from 2 March 1855 until his death in 1865. Nicknamed "Nixa", he was the eldest son of the Tsesarevich Alexander Nikolaevich, eldest son of Emperor Nikolai I, and the Tsarevna Maria Alexandrovna of Russia. In 1855, his paternal grandfather died, and his father succeeded to the throne as Emperor Alexander II.
In the summer of 1864, Nicholas became engaged to Princess Dagmar of Denmark.
Early in 1865, during a tour in southern Europe, he contracted an ailment that was initially incorrectly diagnosed as rheumatism. His health rapidly worsened, and he was sent to Southern France, but this move brought him no improvement. It was eventually determined that he was suffering from cerebro-spinal meningitis, and it was speculated that this illness of his was caused by a previous accident in a wrestling match, in which Nikolai participated and was thrown down. In the spring of 1865, Nikolai's health continued to decline, and he died on 24 April 1865, aged 21, at the Villa Bermont in Nice, France.
- other associate with Maria Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 26 November 1847). Notes: Fiance/es
- child->parent relationship with Alexander II, Czar of Russia (born 17 April 1818 Jul.Cal. (29 Apr 1818 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Alexander III, Czar of Russia (born 26 February 1845 Jul.Cal. (10 Mar 1845 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Paul Alexandrovich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 3 October 1860)
- sibling relationship with Sergei Alexandrovich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 11 May 1857)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Der Adler," 6 October 1843, p. 1: "Darmstadt, 26. Sept. (Entbindung.) Wir sind nunmehr im Stande, die vorläufig mitgetheilte Nachricht dahin zu bestätigen, daß die Entbindung Ihrer kais. Höh. der Großfürstin Maria Alexandrowna Cäsarewna, am 20. d. M. Morgens 5 1/2 Uhr erfolgte, und der neugeborne Prinz den Namen Nikolaus in der heiligen Taufe erhalten werde."
Translation: Darmstadt, Sept. 26 (confinement) We can now confirm the provisional communication that the confinement of Her Imperial Highness the Grand-Duchess Maria Alexandrovna Caesarevna, took place on the 20th in the morning at five-thirty o'clock, and the newborn prince received the name Nicholas in the holy baptism.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Cerebro-spinal meningitis)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 21)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov)