|born on||20 February 1980 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Auckland, New Zealand, 36s52, 174e46|
|Timezone||NZDT h13e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||00°43' 24°13 Asc. 19°49'|
New Zealand-American musician and the frontman of the American and New Zealand rock band band Unknown Mortal Orchestra.
Nielson is a former member of The Mint Chicks, a band he started with his brother Kody Nielson, Paul Roper, and Michael Logie. The four members met at Orewa College in Orewa, New Zealand, although the band starting moving between Portland, Oregon and Auckland. The band broke up following Ruban's departure.
Nielson is married to Jenny Nielson. The couple of have two children, Moe and Iris. The couple had a polyamorous relationship with a younger woman from Tokyo, Japan for a year, before her visa expired and the relationship ended. The topic is a prevalent theme in his album Multi-Love's lyrics.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2005 (The Mint Chick's Debut album, "Fuck the Golden Youth")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 21 June 2011 (Unknown Mortal Orchestra's self-titled debut album)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes him on Twitter: "Pisces/Aquarius cusp. Cancer rising" . A speculative time of 6 p.m. in Auckland gives this combination.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Mint Chicks; Unknown Mortal Orchestra)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.