|Birthname||John Beverley Nichols|
|born on||9 September 1899 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||Bristol, England, 51n27, 2w35|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°50' 08°59 Asc. 14°38'|
American writer who related a horror tale of the brutal nightmare of his early life and his hatred for his father, a sadistic alcoholic, in "Father Figure." The book was a far cry from his gardening books, stories about cats, and tales of quiet life, for which he was well known. His first novel, "Prelude," was published when he was 20.
His father enslaved his wife and three sons for 40 years. Beverley tried to kill his father three times: the first time he gave him poison and his father threw up; the second time, a week later, he rigged an accident in which his father broke his leg; and the third time, on 31 March 1929, he gave pills to his drunk father that had no effect. He loved his mother, Pauline. She died on 20 June 1939 at the age of 73, leaving her entire estate to her boys. After Pauline's death, his father never drank again.
Nichols died on 15 September 1983 in London, just a few days after his 85th birthday.
- lover relationship with Sassoon, Siegfried (born 8 September 1886)
- Crime : Assault/ Battery Perpetration 31 March 1929 (Tried to kill his father)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death, Cause unspecified 15 September 1983 (in London, one week after 85th birthday)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
David Fisher quotes Prediction magazine, from Nichols.
Sy Scholfield quotes "evening" from Beverley Nichols: A Life by Bryan Connon (Timber, 2000), p. 22: "The family moved to a more spacious home, The Woodlands, in Bower Ashton, Bristol, where a son was born on the evening of 9 September 1898, 'when the lamps were being lit', as his mother told him years later."
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Physical/ Verbal (Dad a sadist)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Dad abusive alcoholic)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery (Tried to kill dad three times)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 85)
- Vocation : Business : Insurance fields (Life insurance)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book