|Birthname||Jason Curtis Newsted|
|born on||4 March 1963 at 02:08 (= 02:08 AM )|
|Place||Battle Creek, Michigan, 42n19, 85w11|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°59' 02°47 Asc. 12°39'|
American metal musician, known for being the third bass guitarist with the band Metallica from October 1986 until his sudden departure in January 2001.
Before Metallica, he was a member of Flotsam and Jetsam. After Metallica, he has been involved with Echobrain, Ozzy Osbourne, Voivod, and led the band Newsted from 2012 to 2014. With Voivod, he used the pseudonym Jasonic, which is also the name of his music publishing company. He is also the founder of the Chophouse Records studio and label based in California.
Newsted lives in Walnut Creek, California. After leaving Metallica, he took up painting as a hobby. He is a proficient artist and has shown art around the United States.
He married longtime girlfriend Nicole Leigh Smith in October 2012.
- associate relationship with Hammett, Kirk (born 18 November 1962). Notes: Co-members of Metallica, 1986-2001
- associate relationship with Hetfield, James (born 3 August 1963). Notes: Co-members of Metallica, 1986-2001
- associate relationship with Osbourne, Ozzy (born 3 December 1948)
Sy Scholfield provided birth notice, "Local Births COMMUNITY HOSPITAL," Battle Creek Enquirer (Michigan), 4 March 1963, p. 8.
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (11 years)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Late, age 49)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Metallica, 1986-2001)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Heavy metal)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Rock and Roll)