Nava, Ivano Piero
|born on||29 April 1949 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Sesto San Giovanni, Italy, 45n32, 9e14|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°38' 19°20 Asc. 27°33'|
Italian citizen who was in a car on the street in Argenta, Sicily when he witnessed the murder of Judge Livatino on 9/21/1990.. He recognized the killer and reported the crime to the police. His testimony was so precise that it aided the identification, arrest and conviction of the killer.
However, his life was completely upset. He had to change his name, his work and identity to escape a brutal revenge by the Mafia. He and his family went into the Witness Protection Program sponsored by the state, totally uprooting their lives and losing money, their house and job. He had no regrets.
His story was told in "The :Adventure of the Tranquil Man," and a film was made about the case, "Testimony at Risk."
Bordoni quotes B.C. in Datanotizie N.14, 6/1997
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery (Family totally disrupted by trial)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Forced to leave, Witness Protection plan)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Change name and identity due to testimony)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (Book and movie about case)
- Notable : Book Collection : Crime Collection