Murray, Robert P.
|Birthname||Robert Pfennig Murray|
|born on||24 October 1936 at 13:40 (= 1:40 PM )|
|Place||South Bend, Indiana, 41n41, 86w15|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°13' 16°55 Asc. 13°50'|
American violinist, scholar and teacher, who premiered the 5th Sonata for Violin and Piano by Pulitzer Prize winning composer Leo Sowerby. Murray was the first violinist to record the four sonatas of Anton Rubinstein. More recently, he has partnered with Ardyth Lohuis in a violin and pipe organ duo which brought attention to the large body of musical repertoire available for this combination of instruments through concerts and recordings. Several well known contemporary composers have written pieces for Murray and Lohuis, and have worked closely with Murray and Lohuis to create definitive recordings of these works.
- compare to chart of Rubinstein, Anton (born 28 November 1829)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives.
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (Scholar)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Violinist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher