|Birthname||Katherine Kiernan Maria Mulgrew|
|born on||29 April 1955 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Dubuque, Iowa, 42n30, 90w40|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°27' 12°56 Asc. 14°44'|
American actress with a career spanning four decades, who first came to attention for the role of Mary Ryan on the daytime soap opera "Ryan's Hope" (1975-1978) and is prominently best known for the roles of Captain Kathryn Janeway on "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995-2001, the first female captain as a series regular in a leading role) and Galina 'Red' Reznikov on "Orange Is the New Black" (2013-).
She has performed in many television shows, theatre productions, and films since, earning a variety of awards for her acting, including an Obie Award, a Golden Satellite Award and a Saturn Award, as well as a Golden Globe Award and Primetime Emmy Award nomination. Mulgrew is an active member of the Alzheimer's Association National Advisory Council and the voice of Cleveland's MetroHealth System.
Mulgrew married Robert H. Egan in 1982. They have two sons, Ian and Alec. The couple separated in 1993. Their divorce became final in 1995. In April 1999, Mulgrew married politician Tim Hagan, a former Ohio gubernatorial candidate and a former commissioner of Cuyahoga County, Ohio. They have since divorced.
Mulgrew is Catholic and an opponent of abortion and capital punishment. In her 2015 memoir, "Born with Teeth," whose title references her being born with a full set of neonatal teeth, Mulgrew tells the story of being raped at knifepoint, being an unmarried mother who gave up her daughter for adoption during the start of her career, and their reunion in 2001.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Orange Is the New Black (born 11 July 2013). Notes: Played Galina "Red" Reznikov, 2013-2019
- associate relationship with Prepon, Laura (born 7 March 1980). Notes: co-stars on "Orange Is the New Black"
- role played of/by Hepburn, Katharine (born 12 May 1907). Notes: 2003-2005 one-woman play "Tea at Five"
- Relationship : Marriage 1982 (Robert H. Egan)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1995 (Robert H. Egan)
- Other Family 2001 (Reunion with adopted-out daughter)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2015 (Memoir: "Born with Teeth")
Sy Scholfield quotes her in an interview by Michelle Erica Green on KMAS on 21 August 1995: "I was born at seven o'clock in the morning on a Wednesday. I think. But you should ask my mother--my mother knows all of these things." . NB: It was actually a Friday.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (One daughter, two sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Gave up her daughter for adoption)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (Raped at knifepoint)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Catholic)
- Personal : Birth : Other Birth (Born with a full set of neonatal teeth)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Screen and stage actress)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Alzheimer's Association National Advisory Council)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Born with Teeth")
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award