Moreno, Jacob Levy
|born on||18 May 1889 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Bucarest, Romania, 44n26, 26e06|
|Timezone||LMT m26e06 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°47' 14°18 Asc. 20°11'|
Romanian psychologist, the eccentric creator of psychodrama as a form of therapy. Levy was essentially the father of sociometry and group psychotherapy, for which he became world famed. Taking part in the expressionist movement and intellectual circles in post-war Vienna, he experimented in therapeutic theater, developing his technique of psychodrama. He later moved to American where he spent productive years consolidating his theories with his own clinic and publishing house. Levy saw himself as a visionary and creator, offering a new path to self-fulfillment. He died May 14, 1974 in Beacon, NY, just a few days shy of his 85th birthday.
Copy of B.C. in hand as given in the biography "Jacob Levy Moreno, 1889-1994" by Rene F. marineau, published by Routledge, 1989, ISBN 0-415-04383-2, sent by Ivan Wilhelm. He was born in his parent's house in Bucharest, 50 Serban Voda Street.
- Traits : Personality : Idealist (Visionary)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to U.S.)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (His own clinic)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist (Originated a form a group therapy)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Psychology)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Creator of Psychodrama)