|Birthname||Beatrice Melba Hill|
|born on||29 October 1945 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°30' 21°32 Asc. 12°46'|
American singer and actress, she is known for her powerful voice. She began her career in 1970 in a production of "Hair." With her beautiful wide-ranging vocal talents, she went on to win a Tony award for her starring role in "Purlie" in 1970. With a career that has spanned decades and personal hardship, she is still recording and singing in the early 21st century. In 2002 she recorded an album of gospel music. She is the daughter of saxophonist Teddy Hill and R&B singer Bonnie Davis.
Moore was married to Charles Huggins in 1975 and they have one child, a daughter born In 1991, Moore and Huggns, who was also her business partner and manager, divorced in a messy fight and custody battle over their daughter. The divorce left Moore alone and on welfare in 1992. Two years later she was cited for contempt of court after violating a court order that prohibited her from talking about her ex. The judge sentenced her to sing for inmates and the result was her show "Sentenced to Sing." which helped resurrect her career. Four years later she was starring as Fantine in a Broadway production of "Les Miserables."
- associate relationship with DeGarmo, Diana (born 16 June 1987)
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Hair (born 17 October 1967). Notes: Played Dionne in 1967-1968 off- and on- Broadway productions
- associate relationship with Najar, Nate (born 28 August 1981). Notes: Music collaborators
- Work : Prize 1970 (Tony Award for "Purlie")
- Relationship : Marriage 1975 (Charles Huggins)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1991 (From Huggins)
- Financial : Worst Period 1992 (On welfare)
Shelley Ackerman quotes her at the opening of "Hair" on March 31, 2009.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Conversion/ Born again
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (piano)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Tony