|Birthname||Mills, Herbert Bowles|
|born on||2 April 1912 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Piqua, Ohio, 40n09, 84w15|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°18' 18°37 Asc. 06°38'|
American entertainer, one of four brothers who set groundbreaking standards with their crooning musical hits. Their career spanned seven decades from their debut in Ohio in 1922 and sold an estimated 50 million records, including favorites "You Always Hurt the One You Love," "Glow Worm," "Yellow Bird" and "Paper Doll," which was their biggest hit, grossing sales of over 6 1/2 million copies and staying as No.1 for 12 weeks. Donald, along with Herbert, Harry and John broke racial barriers in the era of Jim Crow, gaining a wide acceptance from a non-black audience and singing before royalty. They were known for their tight harmony and uncanny ability to imitate instruments, developing a smooth and relaxed vocal style that was widely imitated and which they never needed to change in their long careers.
The brothers appeared in several movies, including "The Big Broadcast," "Twenty Million Sweethearts" and "Broadway Gondolier." They toured the US and Europe and appeared on many radio programs. Herbert Mills died on 12 April 1989.
- sibling relationship with Mills, Donald (born 29 April 1915)
- sibling relationship with Mills, Harry F. (born 19 August 1913)
- Social : Joined group 1922 (He & brothers formed group)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1931 (Own network program)
- Death of Sibling 1936 (Bro. John died)
- Work : Gain social status 1942 (No. 1 hit "Paper Doll")
Steinbrecher quotes B.C.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, racial barrier breaker)
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Bros. noted for their singing)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (U.S. and Europe)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field (When black achievement was rare)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Numerous radio performances)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Mills Bros.)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Able to imitate instruments)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Beautiful harmony)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Music