Mills, Harry F.
|Birthname||Mills, Harry Flood|
|born on||19 August 1913 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||Piqua, Ohio, 40n09, 84w15|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°23' 00°50 Asc. 28°30'|
American entertainer, one of four brothers who set groundbreaking standards with their crooning musical hits. Their career spanned seven decades from their debut in Ohio in 1922 and sold an estimated 50 million records, including favorites "You Always Hurt the One You Love," "Glow Worm," "Yellow Bird" and "Paper Doll," which was their biggest hit, grossing sales of over 6 1/2 million copies and staying as No.1 for 12 weeks. Donald, along with Herbert, Harry and John broke racial barriers in the era of Jim Crow, gaining a wide acceptance from a non-black audience and singing before royalty. They were known for their tight harmony and uncanny ability to imitate instruments, developing a smooth and relaxed vocal style that was widely imitated and which they never needed to change in their long careers.
The brothers appeared in several movies, including "The Big Broadcast," "Twenty Million Sweethearts" and "Broadway Gondolier." They toured the US and Europe and appeared on many radio programs.
Harry Mills died on 28 June 1982 in Los Angeles at age 68.
- sibling relationship with Mills, Donald (born 29 April 1915)
- sibling relationship with Mills, Herbert (born 2 April 1912)
- Social : Joined group 1922 (He & brothers made debut as band)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1931 (Own network program)
- Death of Sibling 1936 (Bro. John died)
- Work : Gain social status 1942 (No.1 hit "Paper Doll")
Steinbrecher quotes B.C.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, racial barrier breaker)
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Four bros. noted for singing)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Toured U.S. and Europe)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field (When black achievement was rare)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Appearances on numerous radio programs)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Mills Bros.)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Ability to imitate instruments)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Beautiful harmony)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Music