Miguel, Duke of Braganza
|Birthname||Miguel Maria Carlos Egídio .....|
|born on||19 September 1853 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Miltenberg, Germany, 49n42, 9e15|
|Timezone||LMT m9e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°27' 21°12 Asc. 15°09'|
Miguelist claimant to the throne of Portugal from 1866 to 1920, who used the title Duke of Braganza.
Miguel was born in Kleinheubach Castle near Miltenberg, Kingdom of Bavaria, during the exile in Germany of his father, former King Miguel I of Portugal. His mother was Princess Adelheid of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg. He was a grandson of the Portuguese Queen Carlota Joaquina as well as João VI of Portugal.
Miguel's first marriage, with Austrian Empress Elisabeth's niece Princess Elisabeth of Thurn and Taxis (1860–1881) took place on 17 October 1877 in Regensburg. They had three children.
After the death of his first wife he married for a second time on 8 November 1893 at Kleinheubach with Princess Maria Theresa of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (1870–1935), his first cousin. They had eight children.
On 31 July 1920, after quarrels with his eldest son (who contracted a controversial marriage to an American heiress), Miguel renounced his claims as king of Portugal in favour of his third son, Duarte Nuno, who was 13 years old at the time.
Miguel died in Seebenstein, on 11 October 1927, aged 74.
- child->parent relationship with Miguel I, King of Portugal (born 26 October 1802)
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth, Princess of Thurn and Taxis (born 28 May 1860). Notes: 1877-1881
- sibling relationship with Maria das Neves, Infanta of Portugal (born 5 August 1852)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Neue Münchener Zeitung," 24 Sept. 1853, p. 1866: "aus Schloss Heubach: Am 19. September, um 1 Uhr Mittags" (one o'clock midday).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eleven)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)