|born on||3 April 1919 at 19:10 (= 7:10 PM )|
|Place||La Porte, Indiana, 41n37, 86w43|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||13°11' 27°05 Asc. 13°24'|
American academic, author, and women's equality activist; an evangelical Christian, who spent her professional life advocating "that being a feminist is a Christian responsibility," despite resistance from some sectors. She published numerous books and scholarly articles on the topic of women's equality within Christianity. Alvera Mickelsen joined her colleagues to co-found Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) in the late 1980s, a non-profit organization of churches and individuals which advocates for the equality of women within the church, as well as in their homes and society. Additionally, Mickelsen was a longtime professor of journalism at Bethel University in Minnesota from 1968 to 1986.
She married A. Berkeley Mickelsen in 1952 and they had two daughters.
Alvera Mickelsen died from natural causes on 12 July 2016 at the age of 97.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana Archives.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Evangelical Christian)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy