Michael Nikolaevich, Grand Duke of Russia
|born on||25 October 1832 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||St.Petersburg, Russian Federation, 59n56, 30e18|
|Timezone||LMT m30e18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°23' 27°00 Asc. 27°41'|
Grand Duke of Russia as the fourth son and seventh child of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia and Charlotte of Prussia. He was the first owner of the New Michael Palace on the Palace Quay in Saint Petersburg.
On 16 August 1857, he married Princess Cecily Auguste of Baden (1839–1891), daughter of Leopold, Grand Duke of Baden and Sophie of Sweden. Cecily adopted the name Olga Fedorovna, and had seven children with him.
He served 20 years (1862–1882) as the Governor General of Caucasia, being seated in Tbilisi, the town which most of his children remembered as the home of their childhood. In the course of his life, four members of his family ruled as Emperors of Russia: his father, Nicholas I; his brother, Alexander II; his nephew, Alexander III; as well as his grand-nephew, Nicholas II, whose second daughter, Grand Duchess Tatiana, the Grand Duke was godfather to. He died in Cannes, France, on 18 December 1909. He was the last surviving legitimate grandchild of Paul I of Russia.
- parent->child relationship with Anastasia Mikhailovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 28 July 1860)
- parent->child relationship with Nikolai Mikhailovich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 26 April 1859)
- child->parent relationship with Alexandra Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 13 July 1798)
- child->parent relationship with Nikolai I, Czar of Russia (born 25 June 1796 Jul.Cal. (6 July 1796 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Olga Feodorovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 20 September 1839). Notes: 1857-1891
- sibling relationship with Alexander II, Czar of Russia (born 17 April 1818 Jul.Cal. (29 Apr 1818 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 24 June 1825)
- sibling relationship with Konstantin Nikolayevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 21 September 1827)
- sibling relationship with Maria Nikolaievna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 6 August 1819 Jul.Cal. (18 Aug 1819 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Nikolai Nikolaevich, Grand Duke of Russia (born 8 August 1831)
- sibling relationship with Olga Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 11 September 1822)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 14 Nov. 1832, p. 2: "Königreich Pohlen. Aus Anlaß der Entbindung Ihrer Majestät der Kaiserinn hat iher Fürst Statthalter folgendes Schreiben von Sr. Majestät dem Kaiser empfangen: »Fürst Johann Theodorowitsch! Gestern um 9 Abends ward Ihre kaiserl. Majestät, Meine vielgeliebte Gemahlinn, von einem Großfürsten entbunden, der den Nahmen Michael erhielt." (Kingdom of Pohlen. On the occasion of the conquest of Her Majesty the Empress, the following letter was received from His Majesty the Emperor: "Prince Johann Theodorovitch! Yesterday at nine o'clock in the evening Her Majesty, my much-liked wife, was delivered of a grand prince who received the name Michael).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov)