Meyer, Hans Horst
|Birthname||Johannes Horst Meyer|
|born on||17 March 1853 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Insterburg/Ostpreußen, Russian Federation, 54n38, 21e49|
|Timezone||LMT m21e49 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°02' 23°48 Asc. 26°44'|
German pharmacologist whose name is lent to the Meyer-Overton hypothesis on the mode of action on general anaesthetics. He also discovered the importance of glucuronic acid as a reaction partner for drugs, and the mode of action of tetanus toxin on the body.
He died on 6 October 1939, aged 86, in Vienna, Austria.
- business associate/partner relationship with Behring, Emil von (born 15 March 1854)
- business associate/partner relationship with Loewi, Otto (born 3 June 1873). Notes: Loewi was Meyer's assistant at University of Marburg
Sy Scholfield provided birth/baptismal entry from German Archives.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Science : Biology (Pharmacologist)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Meyer-Overton hypothesis")