|born on||10 January 1835 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 49n36, 6e09|
|Timezone||LMT m6e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°45' 00°30 Asc. 16°57'|
Luxembourg composer, choirmaster, organist and conductor who is often referred to as Luxembourg's national composer. He founded the national choral association Sang a Klang (1857) and composed many songs, orchestral music and operettas as well as music for brass bands and the theatre.
When Menager died on 7 February 1902, he had become so popular that he was mourned by the entire nation. Over 6,000 people, including representatives of 45 societies, attended his funeral.
Birth certificate (acte n° 18) provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Organist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher (Choirmaster)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession ("Luxembourg's national composer")