Menéndez, Miguel Ángel
|Birthname||Miguel Ángel Menéndez Reyes|
|born on||11 January 1904 at 00:05 (= 12:05 AM )|
|Place||Mérida (Yucatan), Mexico, 20n58, 89w37|
|Timezone||LMT m89w37 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°36' 06°26 Asc. 19°10'|
Mexican writer, poet, journalist, diplomat and politician, whose novella Nayar (1940) was awarded Premio Nacional de Literatura (National Prize for Literature). As a journalist and social activist he defended the agrarista cause led by President Lázaro Cárdenas del Río in post-revolutionary Mexico.
He died in Mexico City on 24 June 1982, aged 78.
Link to Wikipedia biography (Spanish)
- Work : Prize 1940 ("Premio Nacional de Literatura"/ National Prize for Literature)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Yucatán state archives.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social ("Premio Nacional de Literatura"/ National Prize for Literature)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Poet