|born on||24 May 1922 at 23:20 (= 11:20 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°17' 15°58 Asc. 08°39'|
American actor best known for playing the Gill-man on land in The Creature Walks Among Us (1956), the final part of the Creature from the Black Lagoon monster film trilogy. Megowan also starred in the science fiction films The Werewolf (1956) in the role of Sheriff Jack Haines, and in The Creation of the Humanoids (1962) as a captain in the anti-robot Order of Flesh and Blood, who must stop the Humanoids.
Megowan also appeared in western films. In 1962, he starred with Cameron Mitchell in the television series, The Beachcomber.
Megowan married twice and had two children. A smoker from age 12 to 48, he died of throat cancer on 26 June 1981 at age 59 in Panorama City, California.
- compare to chart of Hennesy, Tom (born 4 August 1923). Notes: Both played the Gill-man
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Throat)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Throat (Cancer)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Smoker)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Throat cancer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star